Saturday, October 29, 2011

What a week

I can't get a fully detailed post out right now because I had 3 midterms this week and guests visiting for Halloween weekend, but my goodness, what a week. Cardinals are World Series champs! I'm still amazed how epic of a series it was.
For now, though, I'll just write about my Week 8 picks quickly before celebrating the championship some more. And Halloween, too, I suppose.
Last Week: 5-8 (Yeah, I've hit a rough patch...not sure how I feel about picking so many favorites this week, either.)
Overall Season: 59-44

Tennessee -9.5 vs. Indianapolis: At home, against a team that just lost 62-7. 62-7!

New Orleans -10.5 vs. St. Louis: I've loved DeMarco Murray since his first game at OU, but the Rams defense made him look like Tony Dorsett. And the Saints the team that scored 62 last week...

NY Giants -9.5 vs. Miami: Eli Manning's quietly been playing really well, and you saw last week how the Dolphins defense collapsed.

Carolina -3.5 vs. Minnesota: All Day Adrian Peterson could have another big day against this rush defense, but so could Cam Newton against the Vikings' secondary. I'm rolling with the home team in a high scoring affair.

Baltimore -12.5 vs. Arizona: The line's a bit high after that ugly Monday night game, but Joe Flacco should get going again at home against this defense.

Jacksonville +9.5 @ Houston: I'd feel a lot better about a possible upset bid by young Blaine Gabbert if this was game at home. Alas, with Andre Johnson still out, I like the Jaguars defense to at least keep it close.

Buffalo -5.5 vs. Washington (*game played in Toronto): I have a feeling the opportunistic Bills defense can get a couple turnovers against this beat up Redskins offense.

Detroit -3.5 @ Denver: This is a bit of a coin flip with Jahvid Best still out and Tim Tebow's possible heroics. Tebow was really holding onto the ball too long last week (6 sacks last week, against the DOLPHINS' pass rush...), so I think the Lions defense could have a big day against him.

Cincinnati -2.5 @ Seattle: This is a tough road game for rookie Andy Dalton, but the Seahawks offense was dreadful last week after Marshawn Lynch was a late scratch.

San Francisco -9.5 vs. Cleveland: At home, coming off a bye, and against a clearly inferior team, Jim Harbaugh should have his team ready for a dismantling.

New England -2.5 @ Pittsburgh: A possible playoff preview, Pittsburgh is pushing to prove itself at home against the Patriot. However, New England always plays the Steelers well and is coming off a bye week, so I'm going with Tom Terrific.

Philadelphia -3.5 vs. Dallas: If Murray really is for real, as I think he is, he'll have another huge day against the Eagles' lackluster run defense. Coming off a bye, however, Andy Reid should have a good game plan for Michael Vick attacking this secondary to win a shootout.

San Diego -3.5 @ Kanas City: The Chiefs always play the Chargers well, and Arrowhead is a tough place to play, but Phillip Rivers will finally get on track this week with Antonio Gates getting back to full speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment